Campus 504 / ADA Coordinator
The Director of Civil Rights and Compliance serves as the Campus 504 / ADA Coordinator, assuring compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitative Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act .
Specific roles of the Campus 504/ADA Coordinator are to:
- Address inquiries regarding the application of relevant laws, regulations and policies to programs and activities of California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo.
- As appropriate, refer inquirers to designated campus resources and/or processes for further information, consultation and action.
- Provide clarification regarding existing processes and the roles and responsibilities of the designated campus resources.
- Ensure individuals with disabilities are aware of and receive appropriate due process in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and policies as they pertain to the programs and activities of California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo.
- As appropriate, may provide consultation and/or advice on disability-related inquiries. However, the designated campus resources are to be the primary contacts for providing information, consultation and advice for their areas of expertise.
- Serve as an ex officio member of the Disability Access and Compliance Committee.
- Serve as a non-voting, ex officio member of the Accommodation Review Board, as described in the Student Policy and Procedures for Resolving University 504/ADA Student Accommodation Disputes.
- Participate in the investigation of and/or make recommendations pertaining to the resolution of employee-related disability complaints.