Gender or Sex Based Discrimination & Title IX
Welcome to Cal Poly's Gender or Sex Based Discrimination and Title IX page. This webpage is the University's resource for gender or sex based discrimination and sexual misconduct awareness and reporting for students, employees, and campus visitors. Here you will find the information, tools and means to keep your learning and work environment safe and enjoyable. We are committed to ensuring a safe setting for our campus community.
Gender or sex based discrimination and sexual misconduct are serious offenses that violate fundamental rights and personal dignity. We offer numerous support and reporting options for victims of gender or sex based discrimination and sexual misconduct. Even if you are not a victim, you can help by reporting such incidents.
The Title IX Coordinator is a management employee with delegated authority from the President to receive and coordinate responses to gender or sex based discrimination and sexual misconduct reports. For members of the Cal Poly community (students, faculty, staff, third parties and visitors) the Title IX Coordinator is Maren Hufton, Assistant Vice President of the Civil Right & Compliance Office or her designee. Maren may be contacted at 805-756-6770 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Policies, Executive Orders, & Stats
- Notice of Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Gender or Sex
- CSU Title IX Website
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972
- CSU Policy Prohibiting Discrimination, Harassment, Sexual Misconduct, Sexual Exploitation, Dating & Domestic Violence, Stalking, and Retaliation (Replaces Executive Orders 1095, 1096, & 1097)
- CSU Student Conduct Procedures
- Title IX Statistics
- Title IX Regulation Training
- California Penal Code Definitions - Sexual Assault, Dating/Domestic Violence, and Stalking