Disability Accommodation Assistance Program
The Cal Poly Disability Accommodation Assistance Program (DAAP) provides funding assistance for Cal Poly employees that qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability and are in need of accommodation(s) from the University in order to perform your work duties, please consult with your supervisor and/or Human Resources about how to obtain accommodations through the interactive process. Once you have gone through the interactive process and have established the nature of the accommodations that are required, then a request for DAAP funding can be submitted to the Civil Rights & Compliance Office for consideration. Please contact us at (805) 756-6770 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details about DAAP and eligibility requirements.
- Intended for current employees as well as for job applicants with a University employment offer.
- Limited to assistive devices, auxiliary assistance, adaptive equipment, adaptive computer components and software that are required for the performance of job-related activities.
- Includes any necessary supplies, services, or rental fees for required equipment.
- Does not cover the following:
- personal use items (such as canes, hearing aids, glasses)
- standard office equipment (such as computers, chairs, desks, office machines)
- evaluations (medical, ergonomic, engineering, etc.) to determine appropriate accommodations.
- Any equipment purchased for the accommodation of an employee remains the property of the University.
- Equipment may continue to be used as long as it is needed regardless of promotion, transfers, or assignment of new job duties. Funds may be available to cover the cost of moving equipment in these cases.